Paris, France - Genesi SARL is proud to announce that their operating system MorphOS will carry the "Ready for IBM Technology" logo when it will ship together with the new Pegasos II motherboard. The Pegasos II will also feature the PowerPC logo.
Customers will have the possibility to order the Pegasos II through PegasosPPC.com beginning on October 15th, 2003.
Additionally Genesi has also been awarded IBM Business Partner status and is now included in the IBM Global Business Directory.
Pegasos II Specifications:
- MicroATX motherboard
- Marvell Discovery II System Controller (MV64361)
- VIA peripheral controller (VT8231)
- CPU on daughter card
- Supports PowerPC CPUs from IBM and Motorola
- DDR RAM PC 2100 / DDR266
- 2 X Ethernet ports (1x1Gbit and 1x10/100Mb)
- 3 X Firewire USB 1.1
- 2 X ATA 100
- AC97 Audio (Line In / Line Out / Headphone Out)
- SPDIF Out
- AGP x1 port
- 3 X PCI slots
- Riser connector for 1st PCI slot
- 2 X PS/2
Bill Buck and Raquel Velasco
Addendum - The Genesi Firmware has also been given the Ready for IBM Technology label on IBM's Global Solutions website.